This whole process has moved along incredibly quickly.
- Friday, May 17th: I began a conversation with Gimo, a North American Inside Sales Advisor for Tesla. I asked him several questions about the car, ordering, etc. At first we were gong to get the Standard Range Plus edition with a 240 mile range and rear wheel drive. After some discussion we finally decided that we really needed more range and all wheel drive. So we made the decision to purchase the Long Range version which has all-wheel drive and a 0-60 time of 4.4 seconds, a top speed of 145 mph and a range of 310 miles! Wow! I’ve probably never had a car with a 0-60 speed of better than 8 seconds. But at 74 years old, that’s not something that concerns me much!
- Before I ordered the car on Monday I contacted Green Mountain Power because they offer a $1500 rebate for ordering an electric vehicle and another $1000 rebate for low and moderate income people. There is also a $3750 tax credit which ends June 30th. I was worried that we wouldn’t make that deadline but now it looks like it won’t be a problem at all!
- We can also get a free level 2 charger from Green Mountain Power. The only problem is, because we have a condo and our garage is about 75 feet from our breaker panel, the installation may be prohibitively expensive. I contacted SunCommon and they will contact me next week to discuss possible installation.
- Monday, May 20th. I put in my order about 3:45 Monday afternoon.
- Today, May 24th at 11:29 AM I received and email from Jeremiah to assist me “with the upcoming delivery of your Tesla. Congratulations!” He listed 4 things I had to do “as soon as possible.” I managed those items quickly and by 12:17 PM I had sent and received confirmation of my payment of $50,100! Ouch! That’s almost twice the cost of the most expensive car of my life!
- I received my last communication from Jeremiah at 1:09 PM. He said:
I will let my logistics team know to begin securing a carrier.
After confirming delivery, my DMV team will send you the self-registration packet, which will include the certificate of origin and bill of sale, within 3-7 days to register your vehicle with.
- The car will be delivered to our home! They say delivery takes from 7 to 10 days after payment so we may have it as soon as next Friday!